Vocational education at Aylsham High School is covered through a range of courses offered in the option programme. These include BTEC, Cambridge Nationals, Gateway, OCN and VTCT as well as GCSE courses. Work related courses currently on offer are:
- Building and construction - Gateway - entry level 3 (years 10 and 11 only) selected students only
- Music BTEC - Edexcel - level 2 course (runs in alternating years with music GCSE ).
- Health and social care - OCR Cambridge national - level 1/2 course
- Creative iMedia - OCR Cambridge national - level 1/2 course
- Independence, confidence and employability course (ICE) OCN - entry level course
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector VTCT - level 1
Careers education is part of the tutorial and personal development programme and there is currently one week of work experience for all year 10 students in July. During this week year 9 students participate in activities week. The school also provides for sex and relationships education across a range of subjects.
Updated September 2022