History Core Knowledge
Year 7 and 8
Students follow the national curriculum and study a variety of topics covering the time period from 1066 to 1945.
Students will complete a foundation year in year 9. During this year they will cover the key topics to support a transition into their GCSE studies.
Key Stage 4
The history course offered at GCSE is Edexcel history.
Paper 1: Thematic study and historic environment (30%)
- Medicine in Britain, c1250–present
- The British sector of the Western Front, 1914–18: injuries, treatment and the trenches.
Paper 2: Period study and British depth study (40%)
- British depth study: Anglo-Saxon and Norman England, c1060–88
- Period study: Superpower relations and the Cold War, 1941–91.
Paper 3: Modern depth study (30%)
- Weimar and Nazi Germany, 1918–39.