The school policy on uniform is designed to enable students to dress appropriately for work at school, without undue cost being involved. Taking pride in their appearance and demonstrating respect for the values of the school is very important to our students. Uniform must be worn by all students whilst in attendance at the school, on the way to and from school and on all school visits unless the executive headteacher has given prior permission to the contrary.
The uniform is available from Leopard Boutique in Wroxham.
There are a number of options available to enable families to get the uniform they require as easily, and cost efficiently, as possible:
- Try on sizes will be available at reception in all of our three schools (John of Gaunt Infant and Nursery School, Bure Valley School and Aylsham High School)
- Orders can be made online at: https://leopardboutiqueinabox.myshopify.com
- Orders made online can be collected in store or posted to your preferred address for a small charge. Alternatively deliveries will be made for collection from the schools once a week (you will need to phone on 01603 781 224 to arrange this option)
It is advisable to order uniform in plenty of time before your child starts school or requires replacement items. Badges purchased for blazers bought from other retailers can be obtained from our finance office. The Friends of Aylsham High School also run a shop for the sale of pre-owned items of school uniform. The executive headteacher reserves the right to isolate any student who is wearing any garment which the executive headteacher and senior staff consider unsuitable for school.
Uniform for Years 7 to 10
1. All students of years 7, 8, 9 and 10 must wear a navy blue blazer with the school badge.
2. Students can wear a navy blue v-neck jumper under their blazer but not in place of their blazer. Cardigans are not acceptable uniform.
3. Students must wear a plain white shirt with a conventional collar and tie.
4. Students must wear a school tie.
5. When trousers are worn they should be black or dark/ charcoal grey. Jeans, chinos, cords, tight trousers, leggings or hipsters are not acceptable.
6. When skirts are worn they should be dark/charcoal grey as shown in the diagram above, A-line or pleated, knee-length no more than 5 cm above the knee. Stretch jersey, denim or corduroy fabrics or skirts with splits are not acceptable. If skirts are too short students will be required to borrow a school skirt from the attendance/pastoral office to wear until they can provide a suitable alternative.
7. Large ornamental, studded or coloured belts should not be worn. A black belt with a conventional buckle is acceptable.
8. Socks may not be worn with tights. When tights are worn they should be black, navy blue, grey or neutral.
9. All students must wear low-heeled, black leather shoes (synthetic leather alternatives are also acceptable). Students are allowed to wear black, leather trainers with black soles and no other evident colours, markings or visible branding. (Any visible branding would need to be coloured out using permanent marker). Stiletto heels cause floor damage and are not acceptable. Mixed coloured trainers, canvas shoes and boots (including ankle boots, ugg-style or pixie boots) are not acceptable. Students not in correct footwear will be required to change into school plimsolls.
10. No scarves, pashminas or outdoor coats are to be worn inside the school.
11. Jewellery is restricted to two small studs, one in each ear. Other forms of body piercing (face, tongue, navel etc.) are not permitted. Students will be required to remove them or spend time in isolation.
12. If worn, make-up should be minimal and discreet. Nail varnish and gel nails should not be worn and students will be required to remove them.
13. Extreme hairstyles and hair colours are not acceptable.
14. Hoodies are not to be worn in school
Uniform for Year 11
Year 11 uniform is as above except a black v-neck jumper with AHS badge is worn instead of a blazer.
If your child forgets or loses their tie, one can be borrowed from the attendance/pastoral office. A new tie can be purchased from the finance office
Summer Term only
1. Students are able to wear the blue AHS polo shirts along with their blazers for the whole of this term. .
2. Knee length tailored or cargo shorts in dark grey or black can be worn by all students for this term.
3. No cycling shorts or tight shorts are to be worn, shorts must be knee length.
4. Shoes and socks will need to be worn with shorts.
Ideal Aylsham High School Branded PE Kit (items marked * are exclusive to the school and can only be purchased from Kayes)
Minimum kit required:
- Unisex school logo polo shirt, collar with buttons* or V-neck school logo fitted polo*
- Royal blue football shorts or skort*
- Royal blue and navy football/hockey socks*
- Navy blue rugby top with royal blue band* (suitable for outdoor activities e.g. rugby, football, cross country). A quarter zip top is an alternative to this item but this is not suitable for rugby.
- Normal white sports or white sports trainer socks
- Training shoes – no high top trainers or lightweight plimsolls
- Football boots
- Shin pads for football and hockey
- Swimming hat, one piece swimsuit and towel
- All students must wear gum shields for hockey and rugby, these are available to purchase from the school for £2
The following items are optional:
- Quarter zip top*
- School logo navy tracksuit bottoms*
- Samurai Waterproof Smock Tops (These are not available to purchase from Kayes, they are ordered via our PE department at fixed times during the year. Please email DeptPE@aylshamhigh.norfolk.sch.uk for further information)
Non branded alternatives which may be purchased.
- Plain white t shirt
- Royal blue shorts
- Royal blue football/hockey socks
- Plain navy tracksuit bottoms (no prominent visible branding)
N.B: Tracksuit trousers cannot be worn for gymnastics module for health and safety reasons.
* Please ensure that students have separate trainers for PE other than those that are black soled and worn for school.
We do have pre-loved uniform, Friends of Aylsham High School hold regular pre-loved uniform sales or if you were interested in seeing what is available please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any pre-loved uniform that you wish to donate, please hand it into reception in a bag.