Attendance/Leave of absence request form
Student Support and Attendance
Our school has many initiatives to promote the benefits of good attendance and to support those students and families with attendance difficulties. We would like to take this opportunity to remind parents/carers of absence reporting procedures to ensure that all absences are recorded accurately and to prevent unnecessary truancy
Any absence is to be reported to the attendance office; this can be done in several ways:-
- Ring 01263 733270 and select option 2. This is a confidential answering service where you can leave a message with 24 hr access.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email will only be read by the attendance officer and is confidential.
- During school hours ring the attendance office on 01263 733270 ext 227.
- When leaving a message please give your child’s full name, tutor group, year group and a detailed/specific reason for absence.
- Absences are to be reported daily until your child returns to school.
- Absences should be reported before 9.30am whenever possible.
- A truancy call/text message will be sent for all students without a reason for absence. If we do not receive a response by the end of the school day the absence will be recorded as unauthorised (O).
- Medical evidence must be provided for any hospital/medical/dental appointments. This can be an appointment slip/card or referral letter. The attendance officer can take a copy if necessary.
- Students must sign in and out of the ipad in the attendance office if they are late to school, or have to leave early. We keep a record of late arrivals. Late arrivals will be given a break time detention unless the lateness is a result of their bus arriving late to school.
Please do not hesitate to contact Mrs T Wheeler, Attendance Officer, should you have any concerns about your child’s attendance or the information we have recorded for them email@example.com.