ICE Twitter https://twitter.com/AHS_ICE
Independence, confidence and employability – for year 9 students only
Lead teacher - Mr Bradshaw
This is a year 9 course, for foundation learners, aiming to work on key skills to support our young people in developing independence, confidence, communication and employability skills.
Students will develop their teamwork and communication skills through bush craft, horticulture, getting out and about and partnership working with the National Trust, The Papillon Project and other local organisations. Students will also complete a travel training course which will give them the opportunity to be proficient in independent road safety travel skills.
In addition to this we have extended our course to include work within the community, ensuring that students have an appreciation for what it means to be a good citizen and support the local community across a range of projects and initiatives.
This course is for you if...
- you want the chance to develop your communication and employability skills
- you like a more practical approach to learning
- you would like to improve your literacy skills in a fun and engaging way
- you want to to develop a higher level of confidence, independence and self-esteem and be better prepared for years 10 and 11
- you like learning in an outdoor environment
- enjoy working on improving your local community
The course is run by a number of experienced teachers and volunteers in a variety of environments – utilising the school’s own mini forest, allotment and grounds as well as working in and around Aylsham to support the local community.