ICE Twitter https://twitter.com/AHS_ICE
Independence, confidence and employability – for year 9 students only
Our year 9 course, for foundation learners, aims to work on key skills to support our young people in developing confidence, communication and employability skills.
Students develop their teamwork and communication skills through bush craft, horticulture, getting out and about and partnership working with the National Trust and Redwings Horse Sanctuary. Students will also complete a travel training course which will give them the opportunity to be proficient in independent road safety travel skills.
In addition to this, we focus on the skills needed to access courses in years 10 and 11 so there will also be an opportunity to develop literacy and personal, social and emotional skills.
Our course is for you if...
- you want the chance to develop your communication and employability skills
- you like a more practical approach to learning
- you would like to improve your literacy skills in a fun and engaging way
- you want to to develop a higher level of confidence, independence and self-esteem and be better prepared for years 10 and 11
- you like learning in an outdoor environment
The course is run by a number of experienced teachers and our students work towards accredited certificates; building an evidence portfolio during the course which can be used to help develop their future CVs.