Setting up SIMS Student
Students will be registered for SIMS Student when they join AHS. For students in year 7 this process will take place during the first few computing lessons. For in-year admissions this will take place during an organised session for your ICT induction.
How to activate your SIMS Student account
You will be sent an automated invite to SIMS Student. In the email you will see a code, please copy this code and then click on the green ‘accept invitation’ button and then follow the steps below:
- Click on register with an external account
- Click on the Google (G) icon to sign in with Google
- Enter your alf.education email address (this is the one you use for RM unify and Google Classroom)
If you are already logged into your alf.education account on the device you are using then you can select your account from the list of accounts and this will skip step 6 below.
- This will take you to the RM unify log in screen, enter your email address and password
- Click Register
- Enter your date of birth (this is for verification purposes)
- Click Verify
This will then create your account and log you in for the first time.
Please note, students must use their school Google alf.education account to activate their SIMS Student account. Students must not use Twitter, Facebook or any other email account.
Please watch this video about activating your account:
Parental controls on devices
If students have parental controls on their device, this can sometimes cause an issue with using SIMS Student and their alf.eduction account. Their parent/carer will need to approve the use of SIMS Student within the trusted apps and also their alf.education email account within trusted accounts.