How to access SIMS Student
How to access SIMS Student (website)
Once a student has registered for SIMS Student, they can either use the link on the school’s website in 'quick links' on the home page, or click here to take you to SIMS Student.
You will then be required to log in to SIMS Student using your email address login details which you used to activate your account. For students this must be their school alf.education email account and not a personal email account.
How to access SIMS Student (app)
The SIMS Student app can be downloaded for free from either the Apple app store or the Google Play store. On either of the stores on a smartphone or tablet, please search for SIMS Student and follow the download instructions.
Once you have downloaded the app, you can use the following steps to log in:
- Click on the icon for SIMS Student
- This will ask you if you have received an invitation from the school and whether you have completed registration (activated your account).
- Please click on Yes, Sign in.
- Click on the G for Google.
- Enter your full school email address
- This will redirect to the RM unify page.
- Enter your full school email address and password.
- Click on sign in (sometimes it will go back to the sign in page and then it will load SIMS Student).
Notifications / Messages
The SIMS Student app will provide you with notifications / messages periodically including automated messages and daily messages from the school. This will show if there are any new messages and also list any previous messages.
If you are using the app, you will receive a notification on your phone (notifications need to be turned on).
Please note, parental controls on a student's device could interfere or block normal operation of SIMS Student.
Depending on the parental control settings, families may need to approve their child downloading SIMS Student and/or add their school email account as an account that can be used on the device.